A.K.A - SOFT BOILED EGGS LIKE A SCANDINAVIAN
What you'll need:
- For 2 people, 2 eggs (depending on how hungry you are!)
- A small pot
- Egg cups
- Any type of bread you want to put your eggs on
- Spreadable butter
- Juice/coffee of choice
^ boil 2-3 minutes for soft-boiled spreadable eggs!
^ after trying 100 different types of gluten free bread - this one is by far my favorite kind!!
Found at Whole Foods.
1. Put your eggs in the pot with enough water to cover both of them just a bit
2. Put your toast in the toaster so it will be toasty by the time your eggs are ready!
3. Pour yourself some OJ
4. For soft-boiled eggs - let the water heat up until it boils for about 2-3 minutes. To completely hard-boil the egg, leave it in for another 3 minutes. (we like our eggs a bit gooey so we only boil the for 2-3 min!)
5. Take the pot off the stove and run the eggs under cold water - it makes it easier to hold them and crack the top off so you don't burn your hand!
6. Once your toast is done - butter it up and have it wait patiently on your plate until your eggs are ready
7. Place eggs in egg cups (sometimes cappuccino cups are small enough to hold the eggs!) and crack the top off with a butter knife.
8. Salt and pepper those babies up and spread them on your toast!
(We also usually cut up some tomato's and put them on the side)...It's the Norwegian in me that makes me NEED tomato's with my eggs, and candlelight with breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner...I just can't help it.
HAPPY NOMM'ING FOR BREAKFAST!
-STEFF & CHRIS